Michael Sorensen, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specializing in Non-Surgical Spine Care
“I practice up-to-date medicine in the best interest of my patients: discussing their options and treating them as I would like my family to be treated.”
Dr. Sorensen has over 30 years of clinical experience in musculoskeletal and conservative spine care, and he has been a national instructor for the Spine Intervention Society for over 20 years. His practice includes non-surgical treatments and interventional procedures for spine pain, herniated discs, sciatica, radiculopathy (“pinched nerve”), degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and other spine disorders and injuries. He also performs electrodiagnostic testing (EMG/NCV) for patients with pain, numbness, or tingling of arms, hands, and legs.
In his free time, Dr. Sorensen enjoys hiking, biking, pickleball, travel, and photography.
- Board-Certified: American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Board-Certified: American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Interventional Spine Training: OrthoMemphis / OrthoSouth, Memphis, TN
- Internship and Residency: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- MD: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Undergraduate: Biology, summa cum laude, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Member: Spine Intervention Society, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine